Sunday, October 2, 2011

So many people; so little time

Thanks to the gift of the grant from Creative New Zealand, I have managed to steal time away from my normal hum drum of goddess wife, mother and teacher. Last night I feel I broke the back of the giant which is Birthright. Today, I began a character list so that I could ensure continuity. OMG, there are so many characters - twice as many men as woman (go figure).

I have a lot of work to do, especially as I killed off a character much later than I had earlier planned and there is some continuity needed.

Here in Dunedin, the sun has been shining and the weather so warm we have opened doors and windows - something we did all the time in Auckland and rarely do down here. It has brought out the Gisborne Maori in me: Chillax bro kind of thing. As well, Dan Carter has suffered a terrible injury and I have had to second myself away from the RWC to focus on more serious concerns.

I am excited that the narrative has actually tightened but there is much to write for there is much to resolve (think of the unsolved stuff of the first two books). Still, a clever kid did suggest I could start all over again with another trilogy featuring Keavy and Bree. Now there's a thought.....

No comments: