Wednesday, December 29, 2010

this is a first

I've stopped reading the crap historical novel I was given by my loved and adored friend. It is really really boring. Well written - no question about the technique but I am bored! bored! bored!

Hubby said: read the ending to find out what happens. I did. Okay. Boring.

Sorry but beautiful cover and first time author but I have better things to do during my holiday than read boring fiction.

So, I'm off to pick up some Anita Shreve.

And, spend some time writing.

What I don't get is how something as BORING as this book gets published.

4 comments:

jtwebster books said...

Been there and done that myself! Bought a book thinking it would be great and ....
It does make you wonder sometimes, doesn't it?

As for the UK and US not taking up your book: it must be so frustrating.

Hope you find a really good book to lose yourself in and good luck with the writing.

A Certain Book said...

Yeah, Anita Shreve any day!

A Certain Book said...

BTW, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I've enjoyed reading your posts very much and look forward to many more. :)

TK Roxborogh said...

Thanks guys. I have enjoyed popping over to read your blogs too. It is so heartening to have the support of other writers. Just knowing that we are not alone in our struggles.