Monday, January 4, 2010

Response to the first draft of the first third of Bloodlines

Well, I'm very pleased to report that three readers have responded enthusiastically to what I've sent them (as well as providing excellent specific criticism to improve things).

Txt from Jo this morning: Read bl [Bloodlines] compulsively til 12.30am! It already fab.

Email from Imogen: I think this is great, rough in parts but i actually prefer this one to Banquo! It has great potential and I think you as a writer are coming more into your own and this book is demonstrative of that. Can't wait to read more!

And, from Penny: (I'll just include the final comment cause it was a detailed email with absolutely spot on comments)....But I still do like it all a lot.

Jo, Imogen and Penny have written over the manuscript with comments and questions and enthusiastic noises.

I feel I can breath easier and continue on knowing that I've got some great stuff to work with when I go back to re-work it.

No comments: