Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A year ago I was at the same place

I have been getting anxious that I will not finish in time. 'in time' to me means getting the SFD finished before school goes back on the 1st of Feb. But, I looked at what I wrote on this blog just over a year ago and realise that I am at exactly the same stage: first third written and critiqued, second third almost finished (to be edited again before being sent out). So, I guess I can do it. I'm procrastinating as I did last year and I can't rememember where I posted it on the blog but I do remember wishing I could insert a USB cabel into my brain and just download what I see.

This morning (4am) I got a great scene so I got out of bed to write it down. It's now 6:30 and I've written 217 words - I've only just set up the scene. It takes so long! to write a book and only moments to read it.

1 comment:

TK Roxborogh said...

And just as a reminder that it's a struggle for others:

And I'm not the only one:
http://justinelarbalestier.com/blog/2008/06/18/bad-writing-days/

And, writing in a nutshell:
http://libba-bray.livejournal.com/36896.html

I feel comforted