Monday, February 2, 2009

I think and I think and I think

So. It's done and kinda dusted - except for the small print. BUT. These guys won't go away. I walked to church and back the other day and, no, I did not have an ipod. What I did have was the story and voices of this novel. I tossed, to and fro, different senarios. I argued with myself and, dang, lost some of those arguments.

Today, back at school, I caught up with heaps of my students who wanted to know the progress of Banquo's Son. I said: I've finished. They said: can I read it. And I turned away because it's not ready.

I worry that I will be unable to give attention to the fictional characters I've created after giving attention to the real, live, flesh-and-blood young women who cross the threshold of my classroom.

You know what? Those kids are the first priority. But, this story. Man. It's pretty special for me. What should I do?

The dusting and washing and dishes and garden - nup - not a look in. Banquo's Son (after my hubby, children and students) is top priority.

1 comment:

Vanda Symon said...

Housework be damned, write the blimmin book!