Friday, August 14, 2009

I was brave and looked...

The book has hardly left my side. It sits on my desk. On Wednesday, at the end of class, a group of very eager students implored me to let them read the book. Six weeks to the launch, I told them, you will have to be patient. Go have your lunch.

Anyway, in a moment of bravery, I opened it at a random place and began reading. Suddenly, it seemed, the bell rang and lunchtime was over. Is it shameful to get carried away in a story you wrote yourself?

The reviews are beginning to come in unofficially as journalists make arrangements for interviews. Everyone’s lovin’ it! So far it’s evenly divided between Team Rachel and Team Rosie. How do you choose between Love and Honour? How to you choose between two very cool (but very different) young women?

No comments: