Friday, March 6, 2009

this is my suggestion for the title of the second volume

Blood Will Have Blood. (We could just call it Blood) but the verb in the quote says a lot.

It's from The Tragedy of Macbeth by William Shakespeare. Here's the whole quote:

Macbeth: It will have blood; they say, blood will have blood:
Stones have been known to move and trees to speak;


He's just seen Banquo's ghost and realises that if you do something there are consequences. Book two deals with consequence.

In other words, I've tried to fix stuff, but, it seems, I'm (ie Macbeth is) upsetting the natural order of things - (audience says: you think?)

All my characters are now working through the decisions they've made.

I'm happy with the suggestion of the title so now I will go forth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. It suits well, and has a 'history'

Anonymous said...

When do you anticipate writing the second volume? Are you rearing to go or are you planning to catch your breath?
I think the title is good and solid.