Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bloodlines

I'm going to spend the summer blogging more about Bloodlines than Banquo's Son although I will still update with news and reviews.

This time last year, I'd written about 9,000 words of Banquo's Son and had just signed my contract with Penguin. Today, I've already written 37,000 words of Bloodlines and I'm not marking national exams so I am hopeful I will be able to devote more time to writing.

Banquo's Son had, as its main focus, the individual concerns of Fleance. Bloodlines takes into account more of the political landscape of the time - fictionalised, of course but I still need to ensure that it is credible so there's still a lot of reading and research needed.

Today, I'm about to head into battle once more and, once we see where that leads, I'll take a break and go to the movies to see A Time Traveller's Wife.

1 comment:

Pen said...

Enjoy the movie - it looks good.