Thursday, June 30, 2011

Currently living in the twighlight zone

My 8-4 occupation is as a secondary school teacher and I LOVE my job. At the moment, my two Y12 (16/17 year olds) are 'studying' Macbeth. With one class, I've given them this bizarre task of creating FB profiles for the characters so that they can then 'document' the story via FB technology. We agreed today that sending an update via cellphone while in the battle-field probably wouldn't really work!

It's been fun. And, I've been involved in other school related matters.

Before 8am and after 4pm, it's the family which has been busy and happy with lots of baking and cooking (the boyfriend of eldest has come home for his tertiary hols so we have had an extra and welcome member to the whanau).

And, I have been chipping away. These last 10 days have been all about important conversations - not action. The feed back I've received from two valued critics has continued to inspire and motivate me.

Two weeks and two days till school holidays where I shall endeavor to plough through another 20,000 - 30,000 words.

Deadline? 1st of November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em, Tania!