Friday, June 25, 2010

Face Book asks: what are you doing?

I have finished! finished! finished! my part of the production of Bloodlines. I am now tweaking a YA for Scholastic but I am being side-lined by poetry which is ripping out of me and, if the response of some people I admire is anything to go by, is damn good.

It's not ready for public consumption. It will be a book of poetry in the future. It will be in three parts: before, during and after. At the moment, we are still in the during and it is heart breaking. I haven't written the before poems because then, I didn't know there was going to be a before. But I am damn sure there will be an after. Please God, can we have an after and can it happen soon cos I'm not sure how long I can hold on.

Oh, and I've written the first chapter of Birthright and I've laughed out loud. It's very very funny but the end of the chapter will make you go - oh feck! Here we go again!

No comments: